Thursday, August 30, 2007

Home-grown

Tasting is believing, as I hope my readers will discover, but last night I had some pretty tasty tomatoes and courgettes from my King's X veggie patch. Actually I had one tomato and two courgettes but they tasted damn good for their home-grown-ness. Funnily enough, the tomato had something of a smoky Mexican kind of taste to it - I've no idea why this should be the case as I've never before noticed tomatoes really having that flavour, but I guess that my senses were on over-drive, thinking "please let this taste nice, please let it taste nicer than the ones from Tesco's". Even if it hadn't tasted nice it would have been worth doing because, however cliched it may seem, there is something deeply satisfying and connecting about growing your own. Next up, potatoes methinks.

No comments: