Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Yum Yum

Is it just me or is there something slightly mysterious about the way that Chinese takeaway food is made. I guess I can't cook Chinese and I have an added level of suspicion because they so often skank vegetarians, but I must say that I have no clue how they make their sauces, which is perhaps why I don't eat Chinese all that much, even though it's a cuisine I like a lot and I think I'd put a meal at Hunan up there with one of the wildest and most enjoyable I've ever eaten.

Anyways, I tried Yum Yum on Caledonian Road today, for it had been noted that it was somewhat surprising that I had not been there. In the interests of reviewing, I over-ordered in quite a serious way and had vegetable chow mein, chilli tofu and some plain rice. Actually that wasn't massive over-ordering since my stomach muscles are currently coping with the input they dealt with earlier. All of the food was fine and the chow mein had that kinda smokiness that I can't quite identify, while the tofu did have some chilli kick, though none of the crunchy lusciousness and serious heat of Pho, which will always be my go-to place for SE Asian food.

No comments: