Monday, May 14, 2007

Neal's Yard



I am now really beginning to wonder quite why I was always suspicious of the idea of Neal's Yard. What, quite frankly, as I believe they say, is not to like about a cheese emporia stocked with wonderful British cheeses in tip-top condition, staffed by people who both really love cheese and treat every customer with friendliness and respect? To say I was well impressed is a serious under-statement because I can't recall a recent food-buying experience that was more fun than queuing in NY, being offered cheese whilst queing, eyeing up the amazing selection and breathing in deeply so as to fill myself with cheesiness. The three cheeses picked were real winners: a Wensleydale that displayed all the virtues of the "Great Northern Cheese" (sour, salt, creamy, chalky whiteness), a farmyardy soft cheese called Tunworth and my new, latest, at this moment in time fave cheese, which is called Jennywood and is displayed in all its wild, rough, crazy glory in one of the photos.

No comments: