Sunday, December 2, 2007

Masala Zone



Last week saw me eat at three Indian restaurants, so it is perhaps a little harsh on Masala Zone on Upper Street to say that the food was probably slightly weaker than the other two, but I did very much appreciate the distinctiveness of its menu, which includes some interesting dishes featuring fruits and a karahi vegetable selection. B and I had thalis, which come with a variety of vegetables of the day as well as your curry of choice, and before that we shared a street food/puri plate, which was pretty tasty. All the food felt rather healthy and, if anything, I think I would have liked a touch more unhealthiness, but these are small quibbles for it was a very tasty meal and I'd have no hesitation in going back. The fact that it is not your average Indian restaurant is in no way a criticism, and the more I write about the healthy flavours, the more I think I will want to return.

No comments: