Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Top 10 food experiences

My top 10 food experiences isn't meant as a mere add-on to the top 10 dishes and restaurants, but as distinct recognition of other things which I've really liked this year:

10. Pearl: My one posh, haute meal of the year, when I took Rabs out for her 60th birthday and it was a really super meal, in a lovely room, with great service and all-round happiness.
9. Raisin bread from Marylebone farmers's market: good, fruity brown bread with blue cheese, nice combo.
8. Laduree macaroons - esp passion fruit and chocolate: loveliest food present out there I reckon.
7. Manstree fruit picking: great fun (with secret fruit scoffing out of sight of the owners) with a wonderful selection of berries and plums.
6. Suzy's cooking: home-made Japanese food, lucky old me.
5. Having a doughnut party/sushi-making: Food-making and eating with friends, makes you glad to be alive.
4. Park lunches: taking turns to make sandwiches and eat it in the park with two old friends, makes me look back with fondness on 07.
3. Neal's Yard: great British cheeses and a wonderfuls service ethos.
2. Borough: it really is still good.
1. Chapel Street: my local fruit and veg market, with more nugget deals than anywhere else and lots of good banter with the stallholders (sample, me: "How you doing mate?", veg man: "I'm tired, I'm cold and I'm unloved!"). Fantastic quality of produce at great prices all year round.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.