Monday, October 22, 2007

Canon can




My camera is back! Well, the brother of the brother of the brother of the original Canon is back, and I am just delighted to have an Ixus once again. Please send me tips as to how I can make sure I don't lose this one.

Its initial outing was to Shikara in Fitrovia, an Indian place that Number7 and I chanced upon as we strolled between other Indian restaurants which we rejected on the bases of their prices and their slightly strange menus. The resto turned out to be just what we wanted, as we knew from the moment that we looked at the menu: no nonsense tasty food at pretty reasonable prices, with a few Tiger beers and nice service to ease us into the weekend. Poppadoms were excellent as they came with really good chutneys (one of the photos shows the merits of adding all four chutneys to a piece of poppadom), while Number7 seemed very pleased with her generous portion of a spicy chicken dish whose name this vegetarian has forgotten. I had a side of saag paneer which was nicely candy-ish in that way it can be and some hot and sour potatoes, the name of which escapes me, but this was the first time I had seen these babies on a menu since leaving Sharj. They were suitably sour and with some garlic naan they made for a real feast. Friday was really one of those days when I craved Indian food - I want to say 'I needed it' - and it's nice to go somewhere that really sates that craving.

No comments: