Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Meal-deal

There really aren't all that many London restaurants that can be recommended for their deals. Indeed, I guess the very concept of a meal deal would conjure up notions of fast foodery that they'd rather avoid, but Sofra in Exmouth Market is a very honourable exception. I went there earlier in the year and I can't quite recall what we had, but it may well have been the two courses for £7.95 summer menu which we ate off tonight. The returning samurai and I both had the mezze plate as a starter and vegetarian moussaka as a main, and I have to tell you they were damn tasty. The starter plate is big and the main not so big, but between them they make up a really hearty and tasty meal. For the mezze you get felafel, houmous, a bean salad, pickled pepper and tabbouleh. The moussaka is yummily creamy and comes with a nicely-dressed green salad. The bread is extremely good and I'd recommend this place for down-tempo tastiness any time.

No comments: