Sunday, January 28, 2007

This is felafel week



I feel pretty sure that I am going to be eating a lot of felafel in the coming week, and I also feel reasonably confident that the pictured felafel sandwich from Fatoush Express on Edgware Road, good though it was, is going to be bested twice over. There was nothing wrong with the sandwich but the felafel bar is set pretty high in the Smoke, and although this dish sated a felafel craving, I can't see myself picking FE again over and above other places on Edgware Road like Ranoush Juice. Still, the side order of chips was excellent and I had a feeling that they might have been hand-cut chips, but Number7 thought the crispy markings on the chips came from there having been cooked in the same oil as the felafel. Overall, a pretty good place, if a touch pricey for a sandwich, which doesn't really stand out.

No comments: