Saturday, January 27, 2007

Wish-list

A long, hard, no-pain, no-gain, run this morning, which began in shadowy streets and then opened up into something much nicer on the sunny Thames Path. On the last stretch through Clerkenwell I kept passing restaurants and thinking, "Now that's a place I want to go to", which got me thinking about where I else I really wanted to go, and how it might be useful for a forgetful dolt like me to have a list online of food places he had never been to but wanted to visit. They're not in any particular order and I imagine that I'll add to the list over time:

1. Locanda Locatelli - the restaurant menu I look most longingly at online at the moment.
2. The famous toasted cheese sandwich guy at Borough.
3. St John - loved St John Bread and Wine and would like to give the original a try.
4. Neal's Yard - I can't ever recall buying cheese from there; perhaps I have, but I must get over the slight block I have about going there.
5. Sushi Deli Cafe - a cute looking Japanese cafe near me.
6. New Malden - have vowed for a long time to go to NM and go Korean food shopping and then eat at one of the many Korean places there.
7. Vinoteca - a recommended wine cellar near Smithfield.
8. Gordon's - an olden-days-y wine cellar near Charing X.
9. La Porchetta - pizza chain.
10. Masters Superfish - Waterloo chippie.
11. Tom Aikens or Tom's Diner, or whatever his offshoot is called - the posh one to see whether people who love it or those who hate it are right, the second place because it sounds tasty.
12. Hakkasan - after having truffled edamame dumplings at Budokan in New York, which were one of the top 10 things I'd ever eaten, I am very keen to try what's supposed to be the best dim sum in London.
13. Tbilisi - never had Georgian food before.
14. Mandalay - nor Burmese.
15. Bavarian Beerhouse in London - the name says it all.
16. Restaurant Gordon Ramsay - for set lunch.
17. More Southall - only been to Southall once and want to explore more Indian options there.
18. Ottolenghi - because the food looks so good in photos.
19. Tower 42 - for the high life.
20. Green Lanes - for Turkish food and shopping.
21. Monmouth Coffee Company.
22. Le Champignon Sauvage - OK, it's not in London, but I want to go there.

No comments: