Monday, July 23, 2007

Sporeboys


Uh, oh, this hasn't proved to be much of a month posting wise has it ...? For some reason I am slightly bored by food at the moment. Not quite sure why this should be the case. I want to believe that it's because I'm devoting lots of mental energy to rewriting my book about Algeria, but that somehow doesn't sound all that plausible, does it? Perhaps some weird kind of trasnferrence is going in the X because Otis seems to have become an unbelieveably adventurous/greedy eater lately. I just caught him trying to finish off a green salad and in the week found him chomping away on chilli and yoghurt spaghetti (not nearly as nice as it should have been).

Anyways, a recent food highlight was definitely the portobello mushroom and halloumi sandwich I had from Sporeboys at the Port Eliot festival. Apparently sporeboys are based in Hackney and their food was by far the best offering at the festival and I slightly regret not also trying their wild mushroom sandiwch (pictured) and wm omelette.

No comments: