Sunday, November 18, 2007

Chapel V



I've been working quite hard lately and had noticed that one of the consequences of this was that I never went to Chapel Market anymore. This was rather depressing for it meant both that I was missing out on one of the real joys in my life - checking out what's in season, looking for deals, and enjoying a bit of banter with the Cokney traders - and that all of my fruit and vegetables were coming from Tesco. Anyhow, I've made a conscious decision that no matter how hard things are at work, I must make time to go to the Chapel to get my solace there. The attached photo show, I hope, just why I like the place so much, and it helps that those mangoes were three for a nugget, the bunch of English spinach was 60p, and the giant field mushrooms were about a pound; also, thatgoing there encouraged me to buy something like radicchio so that I can get out of the cooking trough I've been in which seems to consist of simply adding yoghurt, cheese, garlic and rocket to either pasta or rice (OK, it's kinda tasty and Edo likes it, but enough...).

No comments: