Monday, November 19, 2007

Complements


One advantage of having gone to the market at the weekend is that I have loads of vegetables in the fridge and, rather than simply making some carb dish which has veggies and cheese chucked in, I can make a dish with something on the side, which I reckon makes for a more enjoyable meal. This was rice with red wine, spring onions, peppers and radicchio, with a salad of avocado, tomato, feta and olive oil, and a big dollop of Total. Nae bad at all, and it was the salad which was by far the nicest element, though tough for a fan of carbs to have just that by itself, and I suppose its flavours and weight were really a complement to the stodgy rice. I think I shall stop now before I start bigging myself up any more (I have had some real cooking disasters of late which haven't made it up here...).

No comments: