Monday, June 18, 2007

In praise of McFlurry


I'm sure I have mentioned McFlurrys in passing on this blog before, but realistically they deserve a post all to themselves. I am about to watch The Queen on 'Monday night is movie night' in King's X and I thought that a bit of ice cream would suit the mood, so I ambled down to the Golden Arches and got me a Caramel McFlurry. Now one thing those who are out of the loop on the Flurry front may not know is that not only are they delicious whippy-style ice creams slavered in oodles of chocolate, but they also tend to be made by fairly bored (I don't blame them) people who tend to fill the pot with as much ice cream and goodies as it can possibly hold, which I like quite a lot. So how, you are surely asking, does a Caramel McFlurry compare with say the Smarties version or M&Ms or After Eight? Weeeeeeellll, I'd say that it's quite near the top, perhaps second only to After Eight which was (I think it was a limited edition) the royale amongst McFlurrys. Mmmm, ice cream: even though I am damn full after a big dinner and then my McFlurry I am thinking of all those wonderful ice cream stalls in Italy with their whipped-up delights, about discovering that Carte d'Or came in Green Tea flavour in Malaysia, of memories of banana ice cream in Romania...

No comments: