Sunday, June 17, 2007

Struggling and enjoying

It may seem slightly bizarre but part of my rationale for starting a food blog was that it would get me thinking about food even more and would help me to lose some weight. For aquite a while this has been pretty successful but, post-marathon, I can feel a few pounds easing there way back, so I'm writing this post as a reminder to myself that for quite some time this plan had been working and can continue to do so again. I've by no means come anywhere close to regaining all the weight I lost, but I'm conscious that I've been indulging in the most futile kind of weight gain lately, which is to unthinkingly just eat more and more of the same blah at home, increasing portion sizes, and forgetting that it was more fun to be trying to eat interestingly, watching those portion sizes and then sometimes going absolutely crazy and writing about it on the blog. OK, hopefully writing about this will have actualised the lesson in some way.

No comments: